How Can My Facility Get Therapy Dog Visits?
Contact CHAMP and let's discuss it!
Visits from CHAMP Therapy Dogs are free to our facilities. We do ask that you provide a staff person to accompany our therapy teams on their rounds at your site. We try to have two or more therapy dog teams on a visit, though that is not always possible.
From time to time we have a waiting list because we don't always have enough certified dog teams to handle requests. If we have openings, we will make an appointment to visit your facility with one of our dogs.
We'll want to know your purpose for therapy dogs, make sure your place is welcoming and safe for our dogs and handlers, and have you sign our Agreement for Service which specifies:
- CHAMP volunteers bring therapy dogs at no cost to you.
- Dogs have been screened for health & temperament
- Therapy visits occur at mutually agreeable times, usually monthly.
- Either CHAMP or the facility may end visits with a phone call.
We currently make regular visits in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area to over 80 sites including:
- Adult -Day Care Programs
- College Exams
- Homeless Programs
- Hospitals, Adult and Pediatric
- Library Youth Programs
- Military - USO, Veterans Home
- Nursing Homes
- Rehabilitation Hospitals and Out-Patient Programs
- Residential Care for Children
- Residential Care for People with HIV
- Residential Care for People with Mental Illness
- School Reading Programs
- School Special Education Programs